Providing clean, reliable and affordable power to Southeast Texas
At a glance
- 1,085 employees.
- 1,033 retirees.
- More than 500,000 customers.*
- 27 counties, 15,320 square miles.
- Headquarters in Beaumont and The Woodlands, Texas.
- 556,381 utility distribution poles.
- 25,835 transmission poles.
- 14,179 circuit miles of distribution lines.
- 2,689 circuit miles of transmission lines.
- 280 substations.
The company traces its roots to Gulf States Utilities, which merged with New Orleans-based Entergy Corporation in 1994. Following the merger, the company’s operations in Texas became known as Entergy Texas.
* As of February 2023.
Counties served by Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas serves small portions of Falls, Harris, Houston and Limestone counties.